Monday, June 13, 2005

We Miss You Terribly Already





We lost Grandma on Saturday morning. Melissa and I were fortunate enough to be with her Friday evening when she was awake and alert enough to see us and hear us (although still on the ventilator and thus unable to communicate). The last thing I told her was that I loved her and I'd see her Saturday.

There are certain pangs about getting older. In the last two years, I've lost both of my living grandmothers (both grandfathers had already passed on) as well as a good friend from high school (to cancer). It really challenges you to live each day to the fullest, and never to leave anything unsaid.

Tell the people that are important to you that you love them.

Grandma, I love you. I miss you. You did more for this family than I think you would have ever known. I hope that now you can see the impact you had on so many lives. The world is certainly worse off for having lost you, but we all know that Heaven is that much the better now that you're there.

You're home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condolences, Dan.

Unknown said...

Dan - you have my sympathy. Having lost my grandmother unexpectedly is something that I've never really "gotten over" (it's something you deal with and work around). I'm down to two grandparents and am greatful that I've been able to see both of them this year. Take care and keep up the blog - it's very interesting.

larzdm said...

condolences as well