Monday, June 27, 2005

I'm Tired.

Suffice it to say that I played 27 holes of golf this weekend. While the worst day golfing is better than the best day working, it just so happened to be the hottest days of the year this weekend. I managed not to get sunburned, which is huge considering I generally just go directly from pale white to tomato-red after about an hour in the sun. Viva la sunscreen!

However, in a casualty of the weekend, the eight of us returned to my home Saturday after 18 holes of golf (an incredibly LONG 18 holes, as for some reason they let people walk on Saturdays during peak hours... ARGHH) to find a broken air conditioner. Did I mention it was probably the hottest day of the year so far on Saturday? The A/C was actually blowing HOT air at one point, and the house was almost 90 degrees. Not good when entertaining 8 people, and definitely not good for little black and tan pooches that might live there.

Thankfully, Riley is now on holiday at Club Grandparents, where the A/C is working perfectly. Once Melissa returns from her trip to the beach in North Carolina, she will be able to take care of him at Club Hotter-Than-FUCK (aka, our house). The A/C people are also coming on Wednesday. Viva la Home Warranty!

All in all, a topsey-turvey weekend, but a good one. My brother and two good friends made the trip to C-bus, and my friends came through in fine fashion with golfing, beers, poker, and lots of food. I'll go out on a limb and say a good time was had by all, except for maybe my liver and my stomach (donuts + Gatorade + a hang-over = NOT GOOD TIMES).

Now, if my house would just be magically clean when I get home from work today...

No comments: