Friday, June 03, 2005

Brief Political Interlude

In contrast to my vulgar church sign creations, here's a piece of real (potentially important) information for anyone in the C-bus area:

Check out Mark Losey. Running for Congress in our district against barren, old, political-right-wing-parrot-hag Deb Pryce. Until about 12 minutes ago, I knew nothing about Mark Losey. And already, I know he'll be getting my vote, if for no other reason than a tap-dancing parapalegic chimp could--nay, would--probably do a better job than Pryce. And really:
"Our campaign will prove to all of America that we won't be divided into red and blue compartments so that special interests and the far-right-wing can conquer us."

You had me at "hello," Mark. You had me at "hello."

Deb Pryce and I have had an interesting, love-hate/complain-insult relationship. I sign a great many petitions and write a great many letters to her office, and while she (read: her staffers) always takes the time to reply to me, her comments also always invariably amount to three pages of condescending drivel. They usually boil down to: "Thanks for your concerns and insights. I don't give a shit. I have a party line to walk." Hell, maybe she should use my link below and create a church sign to post in the district, to save us all a lot of time, effort, and postage.

At any rate, any of you who happen to be in the Columbus area and have the unfortunate lot in life of having her as your representative: check out Mark Losey, if for no other reason than the computer you're using to view this page could undoubtedly come up with more original thoughts and ideas than Deb Pryce ever will.

No comments: