Monday, July 11, 2005

What a weekend

So, the show went well on Friday night. We had a guest appearance from Don V., who I'm told is a Columbus institution. Apparently, he hangs out every night in either Bernie's or Larry's (bars) and demands to sing the theme from "Batman" on stage with whatever band happens to be playing. In our case, there were three bands, and I believe there were three renditions of "Batman". I don't think I can accurately put this experience to words. One has to see it to believe it.

In other news, we have another show coming up on July 24th at Victory's down in the brewery district area, opening for Undivided. We sound nothing like them. Should be great.

And, finally....

After a hard weekend, we finally got the deck essentially done. I apologize that the following pictures look like shit, but we have a crappy digital camera (hello, wedding registry!) and they were taken after 9:00 at night last night. I had to get tricky with the PhotoShop to get them to look normal in terms of contrast. Unfortunatly, that means grainy-ness. Sorry about that.

I wish I had some pictures of what our backyard looked like when we bought the house (for a realistic portrait, visit your local junkyard). To see the transformation (especially from old deck to new) has been a treat. We sat on our new deck last night and realized that this was what we'd been dreaming of when we started working on the yard: a nice, quiet, junk-free place to enjoy our evenings together.

I give you...





Not too shabby. However, due to light reflections and his outright coolness, apparently our dog always shows up on film looking like the Hound of Satan.




Finally, one more view:




I can barely move this morning, but sitting there last night sipping a cocktail with my wife-to-be and our lovable dog was all that I needed.

No comments: