Thursday, July 28, 2005

A Day and A Half...

That's all that I have left of work before vacation, marriage, and honeymoon. Suffice it to say that, with the inevitable time crunch of getting ready for a 2-week vacation from work (the rush) and the last-minute needs of planning a wedding, I'll be ready for a little R&R with the lady.

Riley got "shorn" yesterday, and is back to "I'm 9 But I Look Like a Puppy" form. His new bow-tie fits perfectly and makes him look quite dapper, in fact. Hopefully some pictures will be up soon...

As for me, between dieting, burning the candle at both ends, and working out harder than ever essentially every night, the electronic scale at the gym says that I'm down to 180.8 pounds (at 6'3" tall, mind you), which is a number this hombre hasn't sniffed since probably the summer after college, which is incidentally when I had moved to a new city, had no friends, decided that binge drinking five nights a week wasn't a good idea, and found out that when you have to pay to go to the gym (and said gym is two blocks from your office, and that going keeps you from having to sit in rush hour traffic), you're about 10 times more likely to go. I keep doing those crunches in the hopes that I'll miraculously have a 6-pack before the trip to Jamaica, but I think we all know that ain't happenin'.

House of Cards has one last show before I shove off on vacation, as we're again playing this Sunday night at Victory's. Assuming I don't play like a 9-year-old with Parkinson's again this week, it should be a good show. We're opening for a band called Kobra Khai, which has great implications both in name and in their sound (as heard on their website). I'm looking forward to unwinding, as my vacation will have technically already started.

Finally, in other news, the debate over the existence of Sasquatch, a k a Bigfoot, an ape-like creature said to haunt the wilderness of western Canada, among other places, has entered the world of modern DNA testing. Apparently, they found some fur, and are having its DNA tested, to see if it matches with other indigenous animals. If not, it *could* be Bigfoot...?

Personally, I'm hoping the tests simply confirm that Rip Taylor was out for a late night stroll in northwest Canada.

Prove me wrong, scientists.

No comments: