Saturday, April 28, 2007

Now, I don't know much about much....

Okay, so, it's 5:15 and I'm tanked.

The Browns, God love them, took Joe Thomas at the #3.

I like this pick. I don't have to explain why.



Now, also, the Browns traded the #36 pick this year PLUS their #1 pick next year to take Brady Quinn #22.

As anyone that reads this blog knows, I am not the biggest Brady Quinn fan that ever walked this Earth.

So, what do I think??

Well, Quinn was FREE FALLIN' (thanks, Tom Petty). So, what it really comes down to is:

Is Brady Quinn worth a second round pick?

The answer, assuredly, is YES.

The next question is:

Do the Browns think their first round pick in 2008 is worth Brady Quinn?

There, the question is up in the air.

If, by all accounts, the Browns think they will be good enough in 2007 to mean that their 2008 first round pick is NOT worth Brady Quinn this year, then they made a good trade. If, however, by the end of 2007 it appears that the Browns will be shitty enough that a 1st Round pick is in the top 10, then, they got HOSED.

Now, I don't claim to know much about much, but, I tend to think that JOE THOMAS at #3 and BRADY QUINN at #22 is worth a #36 and a first rounder next year. I don't want you to think that all of these blog entries mean that I think Quinn will suck.

Suck at #3, yes.

Suck??

No.

The Draft is, has been, and will always be about: V-A-L-U-E.

The Browns got two first rounders--by many accounts, two top-10 picks--for the price of two first rounders and a second rounder. Did they over-pay? Possibly. Did they fill two needs with first round picks in a make-or-break year?

Absolutley.


I love Joe Thomas. God Bless the #3 pick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woooooooooo! hammered!!!!!!


that 'word' verification things is real hard to type hammered.

Anonymous said...

I agree, God Bless the #3 pick...

I guess more appropriately, God Protect our #3 pick...