Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Inspiration comes standard

In reading Steve's blog, I noticed that he and a former instructor/advisor we both had were starting a new blog endeavor.

I have been working (very sporadically) on the very beginning of a short story over the course of a couple of weeks, and it occurred to me that my blog here has largely devolved into my musing/bitching about sports and shamelessly plugging my band. As I have worked off and on with this new story beginning, I also realized that I need to do more "real" writing. The end result: why couldn't I start a new blog, too? I'm such a fucking copy-cat.

So, the birth of "One Trick Pony" has come to pass. It will be the home of any "short story beginnings with no resolution" that I tend to craft from time to time, and will hopefully also inspire me to spend more time writing (so as to maybe get good at it) and less time playing God of War II and whining about being geographically tied to the most miserable sports city on the face of the earth.

And, as I note on that page, if anyone of you (my former MUC writing center colleagues, I'm generally looking in your direction) have comments/critiques/resolution/direction for anything I write, it would be more than welcomed.

No comments: