Thursday, April 26, 2007

Catching Up and Looking Forward

Some random notes in the week that was, is, and shall be:

  • If you missed Jon Stewart slapping John McCain around like the sell-out bitch he is, please do check it out. This is only part 2 of the interview, but it is definitely riveting TV.

  • Cavs are up 2-0 on the Wizards. In other news, scientists discovered the world is indeed round. Not having to play Miami, Chicago, or Detroit until the conference finals is looking mighty nice about now.

  • Tribe has rebounded nicely from a 3-game sweep from the Yankees last week to win 5 of 6, including four games in the 9th inning or later. They have also beaten Johan Santana during this stretch. They have quietly snuck into first place in their division. And yes, I know it's April and by simply writing this I've doomed them to a large swoon.

  • NFL Draft is (finally!) this weekend. So far, the tentative plan for me is to have the waitress at Fitzgerald's pour me a large shot of Irish Whiskey just before the Browns pick. If they pick Brady Quinn, I will then pound the shot and become beligerent as all hell. Be sure to check your police blotters.

  • Along the lines of the draft, the smart pick is Joe Thomas. He may not be the best left tackle ever, but when will this team and its fans wake up to the fact that, if your offensive line sucks, it doesn't matter what QB and/or RB you have behind it? Even John Elway would suck throwing while laying on his ass after getting drilled seven times a game.

  • It's not that I don't think JaMarcus Russell won't be a good pro (same with Adrien Peterson, Calvin Johnson). It's that the best fit for the Browns RIGHT NOW at #3 has to be the best offensive lineman in the draft. My preference would be the following:
    1. Joe Thomas
    2. Trade Down
    3. Adrien Peterson
    762. Brady Quinn

  • I don't know if you've picked up on this or not, but I think Brady Quinn is OVERRATED. Mel Kiper can eat my ass.

  • The Browns signed Simon Fraser to another year contract. That hooting and hollering you may have heard was from Larz.
  • In band news, we will once again be playing at the Newport Music Hall on Saturday, May 26th. Tickets will be available if anyone cares.


That's all you get for now. Jackals.

1 comment:

A. M. Mericsko said...

I know, if I hear one more thing about how great Brady is I am going to blow chunks. The other day they had a feature about him concerning his double major and early graduation. Yes, I get it, he is God. Enough already!