Thursday, December 07, 2006

Random Notes...

Some random thoughts on a Thursday:
  • Looks like Derek Anderson is going to get the start tonight for the Browns against Pittsburgh. Seeing as how Kansas City didn't blitz at all while he was leading the Browns back, I suspect his play will be significantly less awesome tonight. That said, with Polamalu, Ward, and Wilson out as well as Parker wearing down a bit from his increased work load, I give the Browns a puncher's chance. The nice thing about this "rematch" being so close to the last loss to the Steelers is that the Browns players all sound pissed and hungry. The only silver lining about Anderson starting is that the Steelers don't have any film on him. And that's about it.

  • It has taken me some time (because I'm generally a lazy punk), but I will soon have some pictures from our Thanksgiving trip to Miami. I realize that I don't think I ever even mentioned it here (*gasp* the humanity!). It was restful and relaxing, and our room was great. I'll get there, eventually.

  • House of Cards may or may not be playing a show next Friday night (12/15) at the Scarlet & Gray Cafe. It would be an opening slot, but it would give us a chance to play out again in advance of our new CD, which we will be selling the fuck out of come the new year. Also, keep your calendars clear for Saturday, January 27th. We will most likely be at the Newport again as part of their frequent local showcases. The plan is to have a CD release show/party sometime between the beginning of the year and that show. Stay tuned. Don't forget that you can hear some clips of our new (and still unfinished and unmastered) tracks at our website.


That's all for now. Go Browns!

No comments: