Thursday, May 11, 2006

Did I say 4-1? Try 5-1

Updating yesterday's numbers:

Kansas City Royals:
record vs. Indians: 5-1 (.833)
recrod vs. rest of the AL: 5-21 (.192)

Kansas City Royals:
team batting average vs. Indians: 76-206 (.369 avg.) w/ a .549 slugging percentage
team batting average vs. rest of AL: 187-849 (.220 avg.) w/ a .346 slugging percentage

Kansas City Royals:
team ERA vs. Indians: 4.83
team ERA vs. rest of AL: 5.65

At least John Buck didn't play. And, in truth, their average and ERA numbers went down (slugging did go up).... and they still won 10-8. Tribe sucks.


(Spoilers ahead)
As for the Alias/Lost parade last night, Alias annoys me just a bit. First of all, Melissa and I made up a new drinking game: take a drink anytime a character says the word "endgame" (with two drinks if it's "Rambaldi's endgame"). You'll be passed out by the end of the episode. I guess my problem is that the main characters of this show always seem to escape death (really, would the brutal, heartless Anna Espinosa go through the trouble of blowing up Syndey's car, or would she just shoot Sydney and get it over with? I think the latter, myself), and then the other characters just die off. I know they're wrapping this show up in two more episodes, but I find it hard to believe that Anna would go out like that. At any rate, gear up for many ENDGAMES!!

As for Lost, it finally looks like they're going somewhere in a fairly linear direction: Michael's driving the bus. Our fair DUI maidens are both gone now; let that be a lesson to the rest of you lost-aways. As for Eko and Locke, Locke's shoes are now on the other feet, so to speak, and I find it interesting that now he's the one with doubts and Eko is the one trying to convince him of faith. A sort of passing of the torch, if you will.

As for the "?" hatch (a.k.a., "The Pearl"), red herring or truth? It certainly affected John. And really, any time I can see another one of those creepy orientation films, bring it on.

And, for the record, when Libby spit up blood, I jumped like a teenager at a slasher flick.

No comments: