Monday, January 09, 2006

Vacation: Over

So, I was on vacation for a couple of weeks, and unlike many of my more dedicated colleagues in the blog-o-sphere, I chose not to do diddly shit on my blog while gone. Chalk part of that up due to travel, and part of it up due to laziness and enjoying time off with my wife.

At any rate, here I am. Back at work. Ugh. To update you:

  • The band took some time off. We played our two shows December 14th-15th, and did really well. The Little Brother's show was off the fucking charts. We actually drew enough people to make money... at a big club. So much so, they have asked us back again on Wednesday, February 1st. We managed to get them to make that show a bit earlier in the evening, hopefully making it that much easier to get more asses on barstools. We're kicking off our 2006 with a show this Friday night at Scarlet and Grey Cafe, with some new material on top of it all. Hopefully it will be a good winter/spring for us and we can get some meathooks into some OSU kids before they leave.

  • The Browns finished up at 6-10, which actually was a pleasant surprise. I went on record with my tailgating friends at 5-11, so they showed me what time it is. With John Collins being fired as president, and a full off-season from the new GM and head coach to come, not to mention getting Kellen Winslow and hopefully Braylon Edwards back, the Browns should be above .500 for the 2006 season. Which means, of course, that they will be 4-12 when it's all said and done with all of their playmakers on IR.

  • The Tribe signed a bunch of scrubs. Just like they do every year. We shall see.

  • We're getting our digital cable, DVR, and HD channels on Thursday. My next blog entry may be from a hospital bed after I pass out. Call me crazy, but I'm looking forward the most to Discovery HD Theater. I dig that nature-show shit, and to see it in 46 inches of high definition promises to be super sweet. Oh, and the NFL playoffs and March Madness in HD won't be too shabby either.

  • Bill O'Reilly is a big, lying, splotchy lunatic. No big shocker there.

  • Tom DeLay is out at House Majority Leader. About fucking time.

  • This man will most likely doom us all.

  • And now, for a truly un-Christian moment, of which I am ashamed (but not ashamed enough NOT to print it). Just die, already. Sorry about that.


I think that covers it for now. Thanks for hanging in, any and all of you that stuck around through my prolonged absence.

3 comments:

larzdm said...

i actually thought that the Just die already link would be to Sharon... but I have no complaints about your actual use of it.

as far as the indians signing scrubs goes... yep. but most of them are to minor league deals so it could work out pretty well. besides, i'd rather take a shot with them than enter a multiyear deal with Preston Wilson. after giles, ryan, and nomar went elsewhere there wasn't anything worth pursuing.

hopefully blake won't suck as much this year.

DP said...

How could Blake be any worse than last year? I couldn't believe that, when they announced they had signed Hollandsworth, I was like, "Hey, he might be able to play in the outfield in place of Blake."

That's when you know Blake was freakin' terrible last year.

larzdm said...

by the way, i'll definitely be at scarlet and gray... one of my favorite campus bars