Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Being in a band is fun.

This is quite the week for we House of Cards guys.

I got back into town from my honeymoon on Saturday night. We had a show Monday night at Bernie's, and have two this weekend: Friday night at Skully's, and Saturday night at Old School.

I wasn't able to play drums between July 31st and August 15th, and my hands apparently softened up in that amount of time in Jamaica. In other words, I tore about four holes in my skin Monday night. Not good times. Why bring this up? Because I'm hoping a 96-hour continuous rotation of aloe lotion, Neosporin and band-aids will allow me to grow the skin back by Friday..... you know, so I can then rip it all off again. Please, callous-fairy, come back to me!

In addition, we're hoping that these last two gigs will give us enough $$$ in the "Band Fund" that we can go into a studio and polish three or four tracks so that we may publish/pedal an EP. This would be huge in our quest to get people in Columbus to pay some fucking attention (!) to us, as it would allow us to get our music to people at our shows that like it, which then allows them to play it for their friends, etc., it allows us to play something for club owners, it allows us to get some material played on CD-101.... and on and on.

As of right now, we have the basis for about 12 tracks. We'd need to record some drums for all 12, and guitar and vocals for about 4. That should give us enough material to cull a bad-ass 4-song EP.

On a side note (nerd alert!), I've been working to get an entire sample of my entire drum kit (in other words, I use a microphone or two and create a sound file on my computer of every possible noise I can think of making on my drums) in order that I might be able to do some better drum work on my sequencer/computer. So, if anyone has any guitar diddies they'd like drums for, let me know, and send me a WAV file.

That is all. Let House of Cards rock your weekend, Columbus-ites!

4 comments:

larzdm said...

sorry i missed the shows... busy weekend to say the least.

but i'm all moved in now, woo.

Anonymous said...

What the hell? Spam comments? Yikes!

larzdm said...

ha, you have now been spammed as well.

DP said...

Wow... thank God for the little trashcan icon.