Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Anticipation is Killing Me...

Well, after that crazed week of shows last week, I'm slowing down a bit. Apparently, we're taking this month (September) off, which will be a good thing. More practicing, tighter shows, time to write new material, and possible time to record. Also, we finally got some pictures up on our website, so you can go and ogle us, including this picture of me that's 1 part rock star, 7 parts gay Clockwork Orange.

Now, as for the anticipation mentioned in the title, I hesitate to bring this up in my blog, knowing that my wife reads it and isn't nearly as excited as I am (that's the nicest way I could think of to say that) about this. Yet, tomorrow, at some point, the good people at Circuit City will be delivering the following to our home:

Am I crazy, or is that a HUGE TV?

It's a 57-inch, high-definition rear projection TV. I have my new grandparents-in-law and aunt-in-law to thank for it. Soon to follow will be some kind of digital cable package, and perhaps some HD channels as well, seeing as how the TV has a built-in HD tuner. To watch my Browns, Tribe, and college football games in HD...cue Homer drooling noise.

And further, DVDs with our progressive scan player and surround sound will be even cooler. PS2 will be mind-blowing.

I think I'm going to pass out.


In other news, we're attending "Brew at the Zoo" tomorrow night, which should be a fun mix of encouraged drinking and cute animals. Hopefully no taunting of said animals takes place.

We're then heading to my dad's for the rest of the weekend so that we can spend some time at Grandma's condo looking through her things before they get sold. I'm not sure yet whether this will be a nice time remembering her, or a sad time as we get ready to part with so much of what we remember from her home and thus our childhood visits. Needless to say, it will be nice in the end to be able to bring some keepsakes home with us.

All of this means missing out on another Browns pre-season game (I also missed out on the Giants game as we were traveling home from Jamaica), but since I think Carolina is going to pound on the Browns something awful, I'm not too sad.

Until next week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT, my friend, is a television! Congrats. Next time the wife wants to shop at Easton, I believe I'll be MapQuesting your place. What's your address again?

So much television...shame the Browns are going to go 4-12 on it....

DP said...

We're just around the outerbelt from Easton (if, by "just around the outerbelt," you mean "the other side of the city").

As I said, anytime you're in C-bus hit me up. We can play some golf. I suck, thus I will help you to feel that much better about your own game.

larzdm said...

fuck bars... browns road games at your place... we'll bring the beers of course