Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's that wonderful time of year again...




It's opening weekend for the Browns. As my buddy Jon is demonstrating above, we get to ride up to the games in what has to be--as the kids are saying today--the fly-est whip out there...

The Browns may not do well this year, but the tail-gating portion of the season is what I most look forward to. I get to spend some quality time (i.e., eating a lot of bad food, drinking beer, belching, talking sports) with one of my best friends in the whole world, and I get to yell my lungs out at a football game... ahh, yes.

Some friends are going to seek our camper out in the muni lot to swing by for a couple of beers. In addition, to the two people that read this blog:

Steve, if you're going to be around the Muni Lot at all before the game, swing on by. Look for our monstrous 30+ year old camper, which is always parked near the Bone Lady (she of the large orange Volvo station wagon with the giant Bone-shaped light/sign on top). I'll pour you a beer from our tap.

It's going to be a great sports weekend:
  • company picnic today at noon, followed by a buddy of mine and I trying to get in 9 holes afterward

  • bowling league tonight (thanks, baby!)

  • company golf scramble tomorrow, with three of my friends/co-workers

  • watching Michigan hopefully hold off Notre Dame on Saturday

  • taking Jon to the Tribe game (seats on the first base side of home plate, down close to the field) for his birthday on Saturday evening (thanks again, baby!)

  • and getting up before the crack of dawn to begin drinking and gorging myself at about 8:30, in order to get into the proper frame of mind for the Browns HOME OPENER!!



Moon pie... what a time to be alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some weekend, my man. I'm also pumped about OSU-Texas--should be a hell of a game.

I've sold my season tickets to a buddy because my wife is now a grad student and no longer pulling a public school teacher's hefty salary. I'll still make it to a few games this year, and we'll have some brewskies then.

Funnily enough, my people ride up to the stadium from Canton on a bread truck painted like a helmet. Does that mean we're competing in some way?

And of course I know who the Bone Lady is! I've seen her in the men's room once a season since the Brownies came back.

Have a great weekend, and go Browns!

larzdm said...

sounds awesome...

my sports weekend highlight: open bar during the OSU-Texas game.